Ok, I'll admit that whole wheat noodles don't taste as good as regular. There, I said it, but don't worry, with a little love they can still be delicious (and healthy). Serve them with steamed asparagus (I like to use a vegetable peeler on the lower end so I don't have to cut off as much), and broiled tri-tip steak (dredged in Cugino's Garlic Butter Bud Buster).
Whole wheat pasta recipe follows:
Whole Wheat Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil, and Goat Cheese
- 1 Lb Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti Noodles
- 10 Oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Oz Goat Cheese, Cut into Small Pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Bunch of Basil, Chiffonaded (I think that's a word)
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Cook noodles as per directions on package, then drain.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and let sautee for 5 minutes.
- Turn the tomatoes over and add the garlic and continue sauteing for 5 more minutes, or until tomatoes begin to burst.
- Put the cooked, drained noodles into the skillet, turn off the heat, then toss the noodles with the olive oil, tomatoes and garlic.
- Add the goat cheese and basil, and salt and pepper to taste, toss and serve immediately.