Cajun Spice-Crusted Pork Loin
- 2 pound pork loin
- 1/3 cup Emeril's Creole Seasoning (recipe follows)
- Preheat grill on high heat
- Rub pork loin with Creole seasoning
- Place pork loin on hot grill, turning every 3 to 4 minutes until all sides have dark grill marks
- Insert thermometer. I like to use a wireless thermometer that alerts me even if I'm not watching it. Set the thermometer to alert you at 157 degrees.
- When the pork reaches 157 degrees remove it from the grill immediately. Place it on a cutting board or serving platter and tent it loosely with tin foil. The meat needs to rest so that the juices distribute back throughout the meat and the carryover heat will bring the internal temperature up to 160 degrees.
- After the pork has rested for at least 5 minutes, slice into 1/2 inch slices and serve with mango salsa (recipe follows)
- 1 large ripe mango, diced
- 1 medium size red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- juice of 1 large lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and season well with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for an hour or more.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight container.